Sunday, August 6, 2017

Ugh As If





Wearing: Vintage top, jeans were a gift, Ashley Williams stiletto heels and Poppy Lissiman clutch.

A couple of really stressful days at work, followed by what was ultimately a necessary mental health day really forced me to recognise the importance of practicing self-care. This shift in my frame of thinking has also manifested itself in slightly less crazy outfits, but I'm happy to say that the process of picking out what to wear each day still brings me the same joy I've been able to experience for the last five or so years. If only I didn't have to wear a uniform so frequently and had a proper outlet for this creativity. These stiletto heels (with an embossed sole that simply reads 'kick ass') and sassy clutch purse are sartorial choices which reflect my low capacity to deal with other people's bullshit. Something acquired after many years of working in customer service and more recently, after being stretched too thin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment