Thursday, May 4, 2017

Second hand








Wearing: Verner silk marble top, Romance Was Born halter top, Asos skirt and Dr Martens boots.
 
Second hand or pre-loved clothing no longer means tatty, worn or dirty. Thanks to causes like Fashion Revolution, shining a light on ethics within the fashion industry and best practice more and more consumers are being judicious when it comes to what they buy and more importantly, how much they pay. I'm not ashamed to admit it, everything I'm wearing today was bought second hand or was pre-loved. Nor do I shy away from the fact that it does have to do with price. I love my designer brands as much as the next gal but rather than the fashion houses I look to innovation in design, colour and texture. One girl's trash really can be another girls treasure, especially when it comes to Australian designers such as Romance Was Born and Verner.

2 comments: