Sunday, January 15, 2017

Echoes of the Bubble Palace




Like last year, I was mesmerised by the window display at Dior on Collins Street, but unlike my many other trips I walked past at a reasonable hour of the day. Feeling down on my luck and altogether lacking confidence, I didn't actually physically walk inside the store, reasoning with myself that they should pay me no attention, a 23-year-old nobody. Of course now with hindsight that seems awfully silly to say and I regret not experienching either the shoes or IT bags first hand but with their security staff in suits and the general prestige of a brand all but suffocating me, I find it much more comfortable to shop online when it comes to luxury brands. Is it just me? Or have I unwittingly identified a phemonon that affects other women?

No comments:

Post a Comment