Monday, December 12, 2016

It's the most wonderful time, of the year









The countdown is on before Christmas and for the first time in a long time I feel like I'm missing out on the festivities. Living in a share house, we don't have a Christmas tree and when trying to search for kistchy Christmas themed photos on Tumblr and Google, I was crushed by a wave of mundane photos. This is not the Internet I remember! Where are the vintage throwback photos from the 60s, 70s and 80s? For the first time, it would actually be easier to purchase my own vintage Christmas tree decorations, however costly, and try to create my own magic at home. Of course, I'm not going to do that, because unfortunately my house is infested with ants and the humidity is making me feel less than merry. This year I'm going back home for Christmas, I will try to soak up the spirit of the holiday walking down the busy streets of Melbourne. But most importantly, enjoying the company of my family since we have lost so much time this year.

*Anyone with sources for these images, I would be really grateful to credit the artists

No comments:

Post a Comment