Friday, September 23, 2016

Shrimps Fall 2016





The Shrimps collection for Fall 2016 delivers a smattering of hand-drawn illustrations in among a myriad of other prints, sheer and iconic furs. London-based designer Hannah Weiland, founder of the somewhat eponymous label Shrimps (her childhood nickname) has created a collection which seems inextricably linked to the 'Scream Queens' universe. Increasingly, lounge wear or luxury pyjamas are becoming a social norm, especially within the mainstream fashion community and as someone who has the same energy levels as a sloth, I couldn't be happier. Just because you're dressing for comfort, doesn't mean it can't be visually immersive or incorporate texture.
 
The protagonist of the lookbook sporting carefully tousled locks and sharply drawn red lips demonstrates that the only thing better than ultra chic clothes is a devil-may-care attitude. Failing that, you can't go wrong with a pair of fur lined shoes or stiletto heels emphasised by sheer ankle socks.





Impressive as the clothes is the set design, giving my goosebumps and lofty ambitions if I ever pluck up the courage to claim space within my boyfriend's house. Although if I am to be completely honest, an imitation marble beach chair holds no interest for me whatsoever. Rather it's the soft gradient from one pattern melting into another that I'm most attracted to. It's not something reflected in the clothes themselves, but I think the contrast between one pattern or the marabou embellished hemlines is what really packs a punch visually. Nothing compares to the striped faux fur jackets, and without fail the coats are the highlight of each collection from season to season. This season stripes are back in style, with faux fur scarves adding pops of colour to silky ensembles in a variety of silhouettes in shades of red, black and blush. 







10 comments:

  1. you always find stunning designers and beautiful collections. if i had the money, i would buy myself the little dress with the faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Klara! Don't worry, I too am broke and lusting after the faces dress

      Delete
  2. need some of her fur amazing-ness in my life!

    edp-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same! Don't even care I won't be able to wear fur coats for another six months

      Delete
  3. Shrimps is one of my favourite brands, their coats always slay! Love all the pink <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their coats and bags are always the best <3

      Delete
  4. Oh my, THIS COLLECTION IS SO CUTE!!!! That third outfit is everything to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nothing beats a good jumpsuit with killer matching heels ;)

      Delete
  5. Shrimps is everything!!

    http://emmaodonnell.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one of the best and brightest at LFW for sure

      Delete