Friday, August 5, 2016

Cry Baby









Wearing: Thrifted blazer and jeans, Romance Was Born top, red bandana from Urban Outfitters and Dr Martens boots.

Inspired by badass babe and feminist muse for Etsy sellers across the world, Wanda from John Waters Cry-Baby (1990) I decided to wear my red bandana around my neck. Not enough people wear little silk or cotton scarves these days. The moment a square of fabric appears around my neck, people leap to the assumption I must be hiding a hickey the shape of New Mexico with the colours of this nebular dust cloud we call the Milky Way Galaxy. Instead I'm breaking one of fashion's many nonsensical rules which is one should not wear pink and red. In many ways it feels like I'm combining pop culture references, the general aesthetic of the 1950s and the personal style of UK colour enthusiast and fashion stylist Sophie Benson. She too has a love for bandanas and unlike me, frequents vibrant shades of lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment