Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Scientist



















It's been a long time since I devoted any time to keeping a journal, aside from writing in my diary as the state of my love life is currently a mess. Most of what I have to show you are beautifully drawn schematic diagrams from an old book on vertebrate biology. The text was so out of date, it called into question whether sauropod dinosaurs had a terrestrial lifestyle (we are now 100% positive). So I find myself trying to juggle aesthetic and scientific accuracy. The other images were sourced from old copies of National Geographic and Australian Geographic- a friend from work was getting rid of them and I happily took home over twenty magazines. The latter captured my imagination in more ways than I could have possibly imagined. Australia's native fauna are both unique and photogenic, as evidenced by a menagerie of animals, in particular the possums, parrots and kangaroos.

3 comments:

  1. Looks so cute your notebook! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, gotta try to keep up a journal. Seems like a fun way to learn.

    ReplyDelete