Thursday, July 21, 2016

Medea Maris Fall 2016





I'm completely exhausted and emotionally drained after a big day at work, where we were understaffed and under pressure. But all of that seems but a distant memory, I'm far too intrigued by Medea Maris, an enigmatic and emerging fashion designer based in Moscow. Featured on Russian Vogue, her clothes are an homage to celestial bodies with a little bit of Stepford Wives thrown in for good measure. Although I'm not immediately familiar with Russian designers, one thing becomes self-evident. An attraction to strong silhouettes and structured dresses, so unlike the vintage inspired shift dresses found throughout my own wardrobe. Instead there's a myriad of full flared skirts with pockets paired with patent red leather heels lend this collection to a space which seems to magically exist between the 1950s and early 2000s. It also makes me feel less resistant to the slightly tacky and dilapidated houses found throughout my neighborhood, perhaps they too could be the backdrop to dreamy capsule collections undermined by the eerie stillness of suburbia.
 




1 comment:

  1. Oh this collection is amazing, I love all the star detailing!
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete