Monday, June 13, 2016

Slow and steady wins the race

It's been a while since I last updated on what's going on with my knitting- first I'd like to start with some sage advice. Reading instructions before you begin to do something is invaluable kiddies. So basically, I cast on, it took a while for me to get the hang of it but I had thirteen lovely stitches sitting on my knitting needle only to realise I had cast on using the wrong technique (the Rushmore scarf calls for cable knit cast on, rather than long tail cast on) 


CUT TO


*ahem*

Once I realised my mistake, I started all over again and cast on using the correct method which, when I first tried to knit during high school I found impossible. It just so happens that Wool and the Gang have a YouTube channel, which I found to be super helpful. I would have preferred to watch some junk television while knitting, but the perfectionist in me was adamant I give this DIY my full attention and watch Ghost World some other time.  




Here's what it look like when you follow the instructions and cast on using the cable knit technique! Huzzah! I've practically knitted an entire scarf already! Just kidding. I'd recommend making each stitch roughly the same tension and spacing for aesthetic but since this is technically my first piece of knitting I don't have high expectations for myself.  

ANYWAY the next thing to do is master the moss stitch   

I've had a couple of goes at it so far, but I'm finding keeping the tension difficult, and correcting any mistakes to be more difficult. As per usual, thinking in three dimensions is not my strong suit but I will persevere. But please, pray for Mojo. Because I am a hack and need all the good luck memes in the world to help me finish this scarf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment