Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Pearlies


Basically I don't know what function this site serves anymore, since there are instagram accounts which are wonderful terms in order to find new designers, but establishments who train them with fully functioning websites. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm slowly falling out of love with blogging because I am losing an audience, since David Lynch has plainly stated artists make art for the consumption of others and without an audience they would not be doing it. Not that I'm comparing myself to Lynch, it's just comforting for someone so successful who dabbles in so many types of art to affirm that having an audience does not detract value from a body of work or the artist producing it. 

I do think I'd like to get back to this blog's roots, which served as a platform for me to discuss brands with whom I was interested in, and extend that to fashion movements. We'll start with Pearly Kings and Queens, simply because it's been on my to-do list for a while now and I'm finding myself more and more drawn to what is DIY and handmade. That is, why I loved the ramshackle world of fashion blogging in the first place and time and time again find myself firmly opposed to the consumer, streamline, minimalist aesthetic of Bloglovin' and instagram accounts filled with brunch pictures. Give me colour, give me texture, give me liberty and give me madness any day of the week.

1 & 7- Magdalena Perks wordpress. 2-
The Pearlies. 3- Telegraph. 4, 5 & 6- via pinterest. 9- Katie Bowkett. 10- The Pearly Society. 11- The Top Note.

2 comments:

  1. OMMMG!!! Obsessed with these outfits. I didn't know about pearlies! SOOO glam and incredible!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete