Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Melbourne









It felt so wonderful to be back in my home town last month, but all of a sudden I feel like I could live in out in the country forever. Being struck by a shopping trolley in a terribly cramped drugstore might have heavily influenced such thoughts. Don't get me wrong, it would be lovely if there were more things to do on the weekend but there is a certain connection with both nature and the community that the city lacks. I visited my usual haunts with my mother, including our favourite dumpling shack, the gardens outside Melbourne Museum as well as the stationary store Typo. I couldn't resist buying a big pink fluffy throw blanket which has come in handy during the last few weeks. There has been unseasonal rain, cold weather and a foray into camping in an old shearer's shed but thankfully the new blanket has kept me warm and optimistic. 










No comments:

Post a Comment