Saturday, June 25, 2016

Man Repeller







Wearing: Asos bow neck tie, thrifted jeans and blouse and Miu Miu clogs.

man repeller
–noun
outfitting oneself in a sartorially offensive way that will result in repelling members of the opposite sex. Such garments include but are not limited to harem pants, boyfriend jeans, overalls, shoulder pads, full length jumpsuits, jewelry that resembles violent weaponry and clogs.

Clogs? tick. Baggy oversized jeans bought at a thrift store for two dollars? tick. Confusing neck tie restricting access to the neck and shoulder blades? tick. This outfit lacks jewelry doubling as violent weaponry. This might be one of my best "man repelling" outfits to date, however, I cannot use that term in good conscious without acknowledging Leandra Medine's revisions. Without compromising our sense of humor, level of intellectual, our interest in fashion, or compromise what it means to be "a feminist" (which means nothing more and nothing less than believing all gender deserves equal rights). Not compromising our right to choose, and spending paychecks... a refusal to compromise your right. Period. 


An interest in fashion does not minimise your intellect, a sense of humor is highly regarded, being proud to be yourself (but not too proud to improve yourself, as to remove the ego) and a little bit of selflessness. 

 
If you're wondering what rocks I have in my collection, these are pieces of dinosaur bone. As I found out during the dinosaur dig, without the external bone or any structure these now have very little scientific value. They're over 95 million years old and were given to me by one of the curators at the Melbourne Museum.

4 comments:

  1. That shoes are really cute :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's be honest, man repelling outfits are the best actually! This outfit is so cute, it also reminded me a little of Alexa Chung!

    www.teenapes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tumbled across your blog and I love it. I love your outfits they are so weird and fresh, makes me wanna embrace my man repeller items. The dinosaur rocks are too cool man
    https://girlaxolotl.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete