Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Ruffled










Wearing: Asos blouse, Romance Was Born slip top, vintage dress worn as skirt and Dr Martens boots.

Despite my best efforts not to pander to trends, ruffles have rather quickly become a favourite of mine. But rather than opting for an off the shoulder ruffled blouse like many other fashion bloggers, it's ruffled hemlines that I'm most attracted to. It was inevitable I would eventually wear this Romance Was Born slip top with a red vintage dress (bought for $8 at a thrift store back in Melbourne) in an outfit which both proudly proclaims "I am" and, that red is my favourite colour. Although this outfit is a little bit of a Frankenstein of previous outfit posts, I think I can be forgiven since my wardrobe has been stripped to the bare essentials since moving out of home. Again, I've come to view this as a positive, rather than a negative as it's allowed me to explore sartorial decision-making and invest in interesting clothes which are versatile. Without feeling the oppressive weight of boredom, this outfit would never even exist.

2 comments:

  1. Love your outfit! The ruffles are gorgeous! I can't believe the dress is vintage and only $8! Woah!

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWO!!! JUST LOVVVE your layering! And the hearts on that dress is everything! U go girl!
    kisses
    xo Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete