Monday, April 11, 2016

Heartbreak




Wearing: Romance Was Born top, Miss Shop skirt, Marina Fini earrings and Dr Martens boots.

For the last six or seven months ruffles have dominated the runway, seen at Alexander McQueen,
Carven, Delpozo, Giambattista Vall, Oscar de la Renta, Proenza Schouler, Rosie Assoulin and Zimmermann. You already knew that, unless of course you happen to live under a rock (say for example the large boulders in the background of these photos). The addition of ruffles to a crisp white blouse would be considered very zany for some people, but as someone drawn to colour and print I couldn't pass on the opportunity to purchase this Romance Was Born top. Despite ruffles being so prevalent in the fashion industry, incorporating this trend into my own outfits was not a conscious decision. I was more driven by my love for both colour and print at the time I bought this blouse for seventy percent off the regular retail price at Easter. The garment was made in collaboration with another famous Australian fashion designer, Linda Jackson (one half of Flamingo Park, alongside Jenny Kee). 

4 comments:

  1. this post is perfect
    from the location to those amazing earrings to the dust on your boots
    cool as hell

    Aida
    x

    KidisAlright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your earrings are like A W E S O M E <3
    I'm in love with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove that third picture. It looks like it belongs in a lookbook. Your style is awesome and I'm so glad I found your blog! Can't wait to see more.

    xx
    scarlettandgiselle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete