Thursday, February 18, 2016

There better be dogs












Wearing: Wayne Cooper dress, sweater from eBay, bag by Rachel Burke (I make it You wear it) Brooches by Ginette Lapalme (etsy) and Asos heels.

I didn't really have anything to do today so I decided to dress up a little and wear some cute brooches which are still some of my faves. The bag is relatively new made by Rachel Burke a creative in Brisbane who mans the craft tent at Splendour in the Grass and has also styled for a number of Frankie editorials. I bought it alongside a gorgeous one-off coat at the last Lady Petrova before they closed their doors at Flinders Lane. While the location of their new store and an accompanying date has not been announced yet, I hope Petrova and her new hubby are happy settling into married life and she'll be back in the studio sewing soon! Since I didn't want to leave pin marks in this gorgeous dress I decided to wear one of my many black jumpers. 

Does the texture of my sweater not remind you of Tracy Turnblad's cockroach dress from John Water's Hairspray?

10 comments:

  1. Tracy's dress was iconic. I don't know what it's not as famous as Andie's from Pretty in Pink. That bag is incredible by the way

    Aida
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed, although since Andie made her dress (or upcycled it anyway) there was a heavier narrative surrounding her dress as opposed to Tracy's

      Delete
  2. Wow, your bag and your shoes are soo cute!!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks April! be sure to check out I make it, you wear it :)

      Delete
  3. Those brooches are great! I love the texture and color combination; definitely worthy of John Waters.
    Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sophia! texture is definitely one of my major vices

      Delete
  4. Everything about your outfit is perfect: your brooches, the textures, the bag! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eee! thanks for all the lovely words Elizabeth <3

      Delete