Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dolores






Wearing: Thrifted dress and jacket, Meadham Kirchhoff hat and Sophia Webster boots.

I don't normally wear such preppy clothes but the appeal of dressing like a giant meringue with a boater hat was too overpowering. On the plus side my legs look really good since this dress is about a size too small for me (but it was like $10 sooo...) and the shoes have no heel. Ever since Perks and Mini had glittery desert boots I've wanted a pair and then Sophia Webster made these babies, which were originally $340 USD. They were reduced on Net-a-Porter for $200 something and because I waited just a little longer they cost me $150 AUD. I felt good about saving myself $200 until I realised I had left my Dr Martens boots (which I wear everywhere) in a friends car after a camping trip. 

Matching the gold ribbon tied around my hat is this sample of Pyrite, also known as fool's gold. In my mind it's the most common iron sulfide, or at the very least one of the most commonly encountered of the iron sulfides during my undergraduate degree. I bought it for $20 at the Sunday market in Hobart, Tasmania at the end of a week long short course at University of Tasmania.

10 comments: