Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Times They Are A-Changin'





Wearing: Meadham Kirchhoff hat, Asos skirt and blouse, American Apparel socks and J.W. Anderson shoes.

SOOO I got a haircut-- and my mum laughed in my face for five minutes like a was a zoo animal. I was with the boyfriend at the time in the city and he didn't recognise me but he's been a lot more supportive and nice about it! I gotta admit, it's short but I feel slightly closer to joining a Tumblr witch coven so that's always a plus. Plus I get to wear hats now without there being a huge weird gap of no hair, like this beaut from Meadham Kirchhoff's Marie Antoinette inspired collection. Disclaimer: I thought I was being totally original and witchy when I put this outfit together, then I realised I was sharing Lydia Deetz's brain.
 




10 comments:

  1. Amber your haircut is so so gorgeous! It really suits you! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. that hat is everything omg! Love your hair cut, it definitely makes you look more edgy and grown up!

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan- was worried it made me look too young but your words are super encouraging :)

      Delete
  3. OMG Adele! Your new hairstyle is super cute! I'm sorry your mom had that reaction though ;~; My mom wasn't supportive either when I first started cutting my bangs super short, but she's gotten used to it now. Parents can be so weird!

    Can I also just say how IN LOVE I am with this outfit?!! <3 As soon as I saw it on my blogger dash I immediately thought of Lydia Deetz. That MK hat is one of my favorite pieces by them, I'm really impressed that you were able to track one down! You styled it perfectly. *A*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Marlena, parents can be weird but I'm glad that we can collectively grow on the Internet and support each other

      I've been stalking eBay for ages and had to buy it when I saw it (you can still sometimes find good archive pieces on there!)

      Delete
  4. I always had wanted to cut my bangs like that but I just think that it doesn't fit with my face but you look so pretty, for real (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your kind words April <3

      Delete
  5. love your haircut, it really suits you :) the meadham kirchhoff hat is way cool

    http://emmaodonnell.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete