Thursday, January 7, 2016

Snugglepot and Cuddlepie


Wearing: POMS earrings, Romance Was Born dress and Asos pointed shoes.

More often than not, someone will comment on my unusual attire for the season- forgetting I'm not based in New York or London but Melbourne Australia. This dress and the label who made it, Romance Was Born celebrates what it is to be Australian in the 21st century. Their Bush Magic collection hosted at the National Gallery of Victoria was absolutely phenomenal, and I am so proud to now own two pieces from that collection. That is this dress, featuring watercolor illustrations by author May Gibbs, as well as eucalyptus leaves on a silk dress. They were purchased at a sample sale in Collingwood and Anna Plunkett, one half of Romance Was Born was serving another woman at the counter. I so desperately wanted to interrupt them and thank Anna for all her work and in particular this collection. But it seemed so rude to interrupt her conversation with another customer, so instead I screamed internally.

8 comments:

  1. Hello fellow melbournian! :) new follower.
    love your outfit. Poms are my weakness:p cant resist anything fluffy.

    http://bekahxjayne.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we sound like two peas in a pod Bekah

      Delete
  2. Romance Was Born sounds like an awesome company! The dress looks gorgeous on you, I love your eclectic style and the piece is a perfect addition to your closet <3

    xx Bash | H E Y   B A S H | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bash, definitely one of my more eccentric items but favourites in my closet!

      Delete
  3. Screaming internally seems to be a side effect of everything I seem to do. The shift dress is insane and your choice of Poms is ace. Loving this!

    May | THE MAYDEN | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is possibly my favourite comment on my blog ♥_♥

      Delete
  4. Waaa you are wearing art! I love that dress<3<3<3



    Moth And Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wearing this dress makes me never want to stop wearing arty/ clothes made with love and care

      Delete