Monday, January 11, 2016

Moonrise Kingdom

Wearing: Thrifted dress and saddle shoes by Atilin (etsy).

So I've found the perfect Moonrise Kingdom dress, purely by accident when shopping at Savers with my mom. I was in the mood for something vintage when I stumbled across it and got super excited, hence why I'm posting this now and not in October, even though it's perfect Halloween fodder. Oh well. I also just wanted to make that point that it's now Summer in Australia, which is why I'm not wearing faux fur, flares and boots. Because it's Summer, I also have to contend with some very tricky lighting conditions, as well as soaring temperatures but now's the time to bust out all my cute dresses. My boyfriend also bought me a new tripod which *should* make taking photos a little easier... once I smooth out all the bumps that is!










16 comments:

  1. Yay for Wes Anderson dresses :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh it really is the perfect Suzy dress! I love the way you've styled it too. Tripods are a godsend, seriously I'm not sure how I managed prior to owning mine. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly and then there'll be no looking back! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lally! really love your blog and sense of style. Slowly but surely getting the hang of it :)

      Delete
  3. You look really cute (:
    And you have binoculars too, awesome, jaja :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks April, the binoculars belong to my dad

      Delete
  4. That dress it's just perfect !
    Xoxo

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the inspiration behind this outfit! Moonrise Kingdom is definitely one of my favorite films from Wes Anderson!
    Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it's one of my favourites too, mainly because the characters motivation's are so pure

      Delete
  6. Your thrifted floral lace dress is beautiful! It looks fabulous the way you styled it with the Peter Pan collar. Your weather sounds wonderful - I live in the NorthEastern U.S., where some cold weather is setting in at the moment. Love the poses with the binoculars and the photos with the lighthouse in them.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the collar is apart of the dress actually- cold weather is great since you can wear everything in layers though ;)

      Delete
  7. cute dress.love the saddle shoes and frilly white socks,very stylish.bet people loved you in this

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete