Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chanel Pre-Fall 2016







Back when I was young and foolhardy I used to review Chanel collections unabridged, the whole shebang, but now since I'm time poor and filling out job applications each day I have to be smarter with my time. Also, when a collection has 60+ looks you get the general gist within the first 20 looks and your mind wanders up until the finale. All you need to know is in true Chanel form the set was amazing, an homage to European cinema recreating Paris within Rome itself. It also coincides with the featurette, Once and Forever starring Kristen Steward as Coco Chanel (if you're into that kind of thing). The collection was inspired by old old school glamour before Hollywood reigned supreme and way before snarky gossip magazines. Basically when the Earth was a much nicer place to live and people were not wearing sweatpants or pajamas on the streets. Aesthetically it's an ideal, but I wouldn't trade it for all the waves of feminist movements in the world. Literally.

*Photos via Oyster Mag

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I always feel that way about any collection that has over 30 looks. Anyway, this as very well timed on Chanel's part because I'm super into this pre-Hollywood, pre-gossip magazine world. (Well, to an extent. I also love the trash culture aesthetic of 2001-07 Hollywood and tabloids.) The sweeping lengths, the boxy cuts, etc - great, great, great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chanel has really caught my attention lately. I'm loving the edgier vibes, cuts and colour palettes. So up my alley right now.

    www.creaturesoftweed.blgospot.ca

    ReplyDelete