Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Beatrix Ost's Style


There's something to be said about a woman who wears clothes she clearly loves with such confidence, but that's not the reason why I'm taken with Beatrix Ost. I remember watching a StyleLikeU video where a group of women discussed femininity and how it affects men. She was so well spoken and articulate, but also shared what was personal in the interest of helping other women in the same boat. She's appeared multiple times on Advanced Styled, chronicled by Ari Seth Cohen. In every outfit she looks so elegant and well put together wearing her trademark blood red lipstick and a turban. Many of the headscarves and turbans Beatrix wears she made herself and I think there are a couple of other videos of her talking about the weight of fabrics and how they suit the construction of a specific garment.

1- via vintagelovinggal wordpress. 2, 5 & 6- Advanced Style, 3- That Girl from Amsterdam, 4- Beatrix Ost at
The New York Academy of Art’s Annual Tribeca Ball.

6 comments:

  1. Beatrix seems to be a cool person, I love it when people have signature looks! Since I came across 'Advanced Style' a few years ago, I've been dreaming of developing such great style as I grow older, my goal is to have a chair with my face on it (that photo is the bomb!)
    xx

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she comes off as almost aloof in these photos, but before compiling these photos I hadn't recognised she has a signature style. Definitely makes me want to continue exploring personal style into my old age

      Delete
  2. Just LOVVVVE her style! So chic! And the turbans are soooo gorgeous and inspiring!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely makes me want to wear more turbans- thanks Beckerman Girls <3

      Delete
  3. shes just amazing isn't she? I can only HOPE to be that chic when im her age. Actually, even at 22!

    www.werenotexclusive.com

    ReplyDelete