Saturday, January 30, 2016

be quiet and drive (far away)




















Lately I've been talking to a friend about ~the future~ and it's so interest to hear someone talk about feeling so antsy about staying in one place for too long. I'm pretty much the opposite and a total homebody who sees Melbourne as home and the idea of leaving it as a scary adventure. I think ultimately moving will be good for me, but it won't come without a lot of stress and anxiety. Hopefully I would ultimately be able to accept my circumstances and feel happy to be challenged on a day to day basis in a new environment. This moodboard channels a lot of that angst and wonder, as well as a variety of landscapes with some high fashion. It would be great if I could tie this all together with a great movie or book, but all I can think of is the end to Ghost World which has always felt so dissatisfying for me for a number of years. Maybe soon I'll come to see Enid's ending as a victory over the obnoxious people in her small town instead of weird and alienating. Can anyone recommend good books/ movies related to change? Or has anyone moved within the last couple of years? 

1- Amy Winehouse performs at The Highline Ballroom May 8, 2007. 2- Bel Air Bay Club Hawaiian party, Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles, 1952. 3- Vogue US Oct. 2008 - Natural High by Steven Meisel with Anna Jagodzinska, Lily Donaldson & Caroline Trentini. 4- De Carbon Azul tumblr. 5- January 31, 2015, Cedar Key. 6- Lucas DeShazer. 7, 8 & 9- Marjan Jonkman by Sølve Sundsbø for Vogue Italia January 2016 styled by Patti Wilson. 10- People lounging in the Blue Lagoon, Iceland, Jill Schneider. 11- Rookie Mag road trip. 12- The Night Stalker, Patrick Joust. 13, 14, 15, 16, 17- unknowns. 18- Twin Peaks. 19- Valentino Spring 2016 by Steve McCurry. 20- via internet k-hole.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love this post!I It covers up everything I've been thinking about in the last days! There are some decisions for the future to be made and my desire to travel and explore the world has never been stronger! I think I am also a person who experiences wanderlust more than homesickness... If you're not too much into the aestethic/indie movie thing, I really recommend Life as we know it (could watch it over and over again, I love it!) or FRIENDSHIP. This is a german movie and I don't actually like such but it's about two friends on a roadtrip through america and it's pretty good!
    xoxo

    http://teenapes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete