Monday, January 18, 2016

All I want is cute books to write my sad thoughts











I've started writing in a diary again, which has nothing to do with the new year, but is something I do on a weekly basis and my way of remembering the events of the past. In addition, the pages of my art journals have been filled with new collages and honestly it feels so good to return to this past time. I did once find the blank pages of each book to be intimidating, and the process of creating very stressful but those feelings of anxiety are now gone and I can safely enjoy the creative process in ways which I was not able to previously. Perfectionism, which had been the bane of my existence and marred the joy of creativity is now gone. It may one day return, but for now I am simply able to enjoy combining different medium. 



The curious things trapped in the rock are fossils, I found them myself while on a beach with friends and I've since added them to my rock collection which is growing by increments. I'm not really sure how old they are but between 5-10 million years old seems reasonable (I'd need to check myself) but they are sea urchins. Lovenia sp. to be precise. The rock matrix is sandstone. Although I found many more fossils, I liked these the most especially the sample with two sea urchins forming a mushroom like shape. I suspect you'll be seeing more rocks and fossils on this blog soon, interspersed with anecdotes, outfits and more journal pages. 





Wearing: Romance Was Born dress, thrifted purse and Lipstik jelly sandals.

This is the outfit I would have liked to wear to see 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' had it not been too hot and muggy outside (I settled for wearing another RWB dress, but it felt like wearing pajamas tbh). The necklace is something cheap I've had for almost a decade, and it took five years to lose the jump ring, another five years to replace it and ten years to learn I could wear it backwards. Lately I've shifted my way of thinking when it comes to my closet, but have also been listing what I don't wear on eBay. It's definitely forced me to be creative in new ways and evaluate what I want to buy. As a result I've pooled most of my resources into buying new journals and stickers, and not a lot else.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages, magical rock! and pretty dress z¡<3<3 I love your blog!


    Moth And Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Laura, love your blot btw I'm your new follower :)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD HORRAYY FOR DIARY WRITING :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. diary writing is love, diary writing is life

      Delete
  3. That dress is so weird and beautiful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is outta this world GORGEOUS!!!! WOWOWO!!! U r a vision! And we are all about cute books too write in too!!! FANTASTIC post babe! Love that vintage bag too!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Beckerman Girls <3 such a big fan of your blog and IG

      Delete