Saturday, December 5, 2015

Somewhere Nowhere Fall 2014


If you've been reading my blog for a while now, particularly keeping up with my outfit posts, you will have realised I have a penchant for marabou and all things fluffy. I practically squealed with delight when I found out Somewhere Nowhere incorporated this material in their Fall 2015 collection. Used to decorate run of the mill tracksuit pants, sweaters and mittens the collection was a cacophony of texture and pastels. My favourite piece however was the quilted v neck dress with full skirt. This elegant dress was styled with a pair of those mittens I mentioned, perfect for courting the photographers of New York Fashion Week AND fighting off frostbite. It makes me wonder why people don't wear mittens more often.



 
Marabou puffs were typically arranged to form a series of squiggly lines, hence why Fall 2014 earned the name of Wormy. Feathers were also used in fluffy pink cowls and to soften the appearance of baseball caps, making them more bonnet-like with the creation of chin straps. Honestly, I haven't seen many fashion designers reference creepy crawlies, not since Vintage Versace with their range of technicolour jeans and chinaware. I kinda wish more fashion designs were inspired by nature and abstracted it in the way Somewhere Nowhere have here, since there are so many weird and wonderful things which aren't fully appreciated.





6 comments:

  1. So beautiful!!! The collection is so amazing. I also love the way you write!

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is SUCH a beautiful post ahh! x

    www.monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete