Friday, December 18, 2015

Skirting the Issue

Wearing: Karen Walker Intergalactic sunglasses, J.W. Anderson X Topshop sweater, skirt from Target, Simone Rocha X J Brand jeans and Asos pointed shoes.

I mentioned earlier that I bought these pair of jeans which don't fit me, but I'm still obsessed with wearing them so I've had to think creatively. The answer? Wearing a skirt over the jeans to hide the unzipped fly creating a silhouette not too dissimilar from that of an extravagant cake. You can also wear the skirt as a dress while still creating the illusion the jeans fit and subtly channel Molly Goddard's dream girls.


Another thing about wearing a skirt over jeans: it makes my butt feel padded with a bubble wrap. Everytime I sit down, I'm shocked by the lack of feeling and change in my posture.

Who should wear this?
Anyone who dislikes getting slapped on the ass.

Also, if you are wearing a jumper and decide to take if off, I highly recommend you tie it around your waist. Despite the fact you're almost drowning in fabric you can create the illusion that there is, in fact, a person underneath all that.






14 comments:

  1. ahh this look is amazing!! I love the layers <3

    http://roseandvintage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. really unique look, love the sweater!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress looks so cute and like it would feel so safe :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feeling safe is one of the many advantages of wearing a skirt as a dress- also I have pockets

      Delete
  4. loveeeeee the sweater and the skirt! Love getting a look at the detail on the skirt too

    Aida
    x

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Aida! the photos don't do justice to the detail on the hem though X_X

      Delete
  5. I really like it as a top! and those sunnies are perffff.

    www.creaturesoftweed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sophia! always get plenty of compliments with these sunnies B-)

      Delete
  6. Super cute sweater, Alexa Chung says thumbs up:
    http://en.vogue.fr/uploads/images/thumbs/201239/alexa_chung_en_j_w_anderson_pour_topshop_4553_north_499x_white.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. super impressed you managed to find a pic of Alexa wearing my sweater!!

      Delete
  7. I'm really digging the trouser, skirt and pointy shoes combo. At first I was taken aback but it just looks so good!!!

    www.thecreativeoutlook.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I could change your mind Amy!

      Delete