Monday, December 21, 2015

Silly Season






Wearing: Nasty Gal vegan leather jacket (hand painted by Esther Kim), Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop dress, Asos pointed shoes and party hat from Daiso.

This outfit is the culmination of a few British designers. If you follow me on intstagram you know I was reading Vivienne Westwood's biography as written by Vogue. She's not a designer who I've written a lot about on this blog, but she is, without a doubt, the most influential British designer and somewhat steeped in traditional motifs. Generally, I'm more attracted to the clothes produced by new brands (less than ten years old) up to but not including Meadham Kirchhoff, Phiney Pet, Clio Peppiatt, et al. This dress is MK but the frills remind me of Vivienne Westwood's mini crin skirts. Similarly, the hat (something I bought out of boredom) is worn askew the way VW's Haris Tweed crowns were styled in Vogue. But it reminds me a lot of Phiney Pet, who I drew inspiration from for my makeup hence the blush like a parakeet. I don't have green eye shadow, so again I've used what's available and appropriated green body glitter. Using what's available and recycling became a focus for Vivienne Westwood from 2005 on wards.

7 comments:

  1. Love this outfit! Especially your leather jacket. And it's sad what's happened to MK; they were genius

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Aida & RIP Meadham Kirchhoff

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your Meadham Kirchhoff dress from Topshop!!!!!!!!!! I love the print, the design, and the frilly detail at the waist and hem - it's so wonderfully feminine!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I always feel wonderfully feminine when wearing it <3

      Delete
  3. cute dress.love those shoes.your frilly white socks would look cure with them like your saddle shoes

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute dress.love those shoes.your frilly white socks would look cure with them like your saddle shoes

    ReplyDelete