Sunday, December 20, 2015

Retrospective
















It's hard to believe these were last year's diary entries (friendly reminder I wrote my 2014 journal in a 2013 diary because the Typo changed the interiors of all their Buffalo journals and they all suck). After completing seventeen years of schooling, my future remains uncertain with no job prospetcs. Honestly it is scaring and a humbling experience. Every time I check Facebook on my phone it seems someone I went to high school with has gotten a postgraduate offer or amazing new job. Of course I'm happy for them and like so many others click the 'Like' button, but I can't help but feel a little bit bitter that I have very little to show for the work I put in this year. While reading old diary entries is somewhat comforting, I wish I could zap back in time and put more energy into volunteering and job applications. It has given me a serious kick up the backside and the motivation I needed to submit drafts of popular science articles to a couple of different online magazines. More on those soon.

6 comments:

  1. The future is so intimidating. I've always wanted to volunteer abroad, though and work with animals.

    www.creaturesoftweed.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. volunteering abroad sounds great! but finding somewhere to rent and enough food to eat is also important

      Delete
  2. I also have no idea what I would like to pursue in the future, it's so much pressure. I don't want to be tied down with one thing.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we live in an age where there are very few 'cradle to grave' jobs. Indeed, change seems to be the norm

      Delete