Friday, December 11, 2015

Pink Flamingos

Wearing: Thrifted blazer, Romance Was Born top, vintage Levi's cut offs and Asos heels.

This is the closest I'll ever get to owning a Givenchy pink blazer and I'm OK with that. Even though the tailoring isn't quite right, there are a few odd stains and across the shoulders it's a little too small considering I payed $2 for it, it's not bad. I paid somewhere between $30 and $50 for the shorts and this amazing silk top with embossed floral detail was over a hundred. The shorts included shredded little threads when I bought them, however they've become even more distressed over time. I like it though, and not having to navigate through torn sections of my clothes every time I put them on!! The top is also a little tricky to put on, but the garment construction is so unique and there are so many different processes that contributed to it's construction. The jacket remains a mystery, but it was most likely donated by someone learning to sew as it lacks a label. Do you ever wonder where your clothes came from and if you payed enough for them?

12 comments:

  1. You look so pretty-in-pastels! Adore your outfit! And yes, I have wondered about that a lot, always do plus I wonder if there's a story behind it and when it comes to shopping I become wiser every time so I wonder whether it's going to be worth it or not! :)

    Have a lovely day and happy weekend!
    XO, Melissa's Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More often than not I buy second hand, and while I feel guilty my money isn't directly supporting the brands I love so much it's still better than wearing a knockoff (especially when I don't know about the conditions of workers producing cheap eBay quality clothes)

      Delete
  2. You look so pretty !
    Xoxo

    www.atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey love this blog post!

    jess xx

    maybe check out mine + follow back?
    :)
    http://wildvagabondss.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/dominus-illuminatio-mea.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where my clothes come from and how much I should pay for them are always on my mind (especially when I shop at fast fashion shops where the labor is cheap and the clothes are cheaper), which is why I feel best shopping at thrift stores were the quality can be high and the prices low. Love this post - the title is everything!
    Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! It's maddening to find clothes which are poorly made and won't last being sold at exorbitant prices!!

      Delete
  5. love the whole combo, you looks amazing <3

    xx,
    www.liviapangdoko.com

    ReplyDelete