Thursday, December 17, 2015

Peter Pilotto Resort 2016



I have a new crush (sorry bf) on Peter Pilotto, new to me but active since 2007. Honestly I'd be lost without the guidance of Style Bubble but I wouldn't feel a great big hole in my heart were it not for her enviable and photogenic outfits. But I digress. This season the abstract swirls and geometric patterns from last season were updated with a pagan twist and styled with gladiator sandals for good measure. The gladiator sandals are dark, tall and handsome, which is how I like all my shoes tbh but not overly strappy and constricting. It breathes new life into an outdated trend which hasn't featured heavily this season. But that's part of its appeal and the very reason why it stands out. 






I also loved the romanticism of this season's lookbook and can only imagine myself, standing in a field taking outfit photos thinking I was walking in the shoes of fashion royalty i.e. Tim Walker. Only to discover that the sun had distorted my face, that half was covered in shadow or squint into the sun in each and every photo. I can assure you, I know because I HAVE DONE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE THINGS. I do want to mix things up a bit because at times it can get a bit stale but it's also hard without an assistant and friends/ family members who can frame a photo properly. There are, of course worse things in life but you know I still have a vision of standing in a field with serene landscape and jaw-dropping dress. It is a little hard to let go of those things.






5 comments:

  1. Beautiful xxx ❤️
    Laila
    www.lailabee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh these photos - the clothes, the styling, all of it - are perfection! I'm in love! Thank you so much for sharing! (Resort & Pre-Fall are always my favorite seasons!)
    Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for taking the time to check out this blog post Sophia! :)

      Delete