Saturday, December 26, 2015

Go Goth








Feeling pretty down in the dumps today, basically I'm feeling a little lost in this mess we call adulthood. Things I thought I had figured out six months ago have all fallen apart, I'm not really sure which city I should live in and the people around me can't offer me much advice either. It's all a bit of a mess at the moment. I've also been trying to meditate a bit lately, but it seems that my best attempts can only calm me down a little bit. Trying to organise pictures, thoughts and outfits have come as little comfort. For now all I can really do is try to look on the bright side and change my way of thinking, rather than remedy my situation. Or abandon life as I know it and become some kind of forest witch wearing nothing but long, black flowing gowns with smoky eye shadow and purple lipstick. 

1a- freakcircus tumblr, b- Jil Sander Spring/Summer 2016 on dazedfashion, c- “Girl, interrupted” Georgia Hilmer by Misha Taylor for Contributor Magazine. 2- hib.s instagram. 3- Close-up of cutie Lindsey Wixson in ‘Bombay Dreams’ by Max Farago for Dazed & Confused April 2012. 4- Courtney wearing Kurt’s coat in 1995. 5 & 6- Debbie Harry by Govert de Roos, ca. 1976. 7a- christian dior & b- Dries Van Noten FW 2013. 8- Calvin Klein's flared jumpsuit. 9- Model  Anna Cleveland photographed by Greg Kadel for Numéro N°168 November 2015. 10a- “Raf to The Future,” featuring Marjan Jonkman by Steven Yatsko for Models.com (November 2015) & b- Prada FW 2009. 11a- Carmen Kass at Gucci FW 2002. 10b, 11, 12, 17 & 18- Tina Turner photographed by Jack Robinson, NYC, 1969. 13a-
hib.s instagram, b- Anna Cleveland Photographed by Greg Kadel Styled by Katie Mossman, for Numéro #168 November 2015 & c- hum-together tumblr. 14- Model  Anna Cleveland photographed by Greg Kadel for Numéro N°168 November 2015. 15- girlpoool tumblr. 16- hum-together tumblr.

14 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon.
    The witchy lifestyle sounds exciting, maybe something to look forward. :-) Just kiddin'. Get well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fast forward two months and I have an exciting job in a rural city lined up. I'll do my best to be the best witch I can be :P

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon Adele and things work out! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really know that feeling of not know what to do with your life or about the plans that you already made and didn't work out ):
    I hope you find a solution that gives you peace (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovin' the goth look! SOOO Rock and GOTH and badass!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When all else fails, make a moodboard and what better inspiration than some goth badassery

      Delete
  5. adulting is frightening
    i hope you feel better soon

    lots of hair and lipstick goals in these pics

    Aida
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your blog posts make me feel less alone when trying to pass as an adult so thank you Aida

      Delete
  6. I sympathise with your feeling so up in the air, but it's encouraging that you have such fun wild fantasies! The "...some kind of forest witch wearing nothing but long, black flowing gowns with smoky eyeshadow and purple lipstick" made me smile :) Love the photos.
    No matter how old one gets, even well into fossildom, it's still easy to feel lost in it. I hope your heart leads you to a path that works out well and makes you feel happy. Best wishes for a super fashiontastic year 2016!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2015/12/a-flubbed-lingerie-fashion-ootd-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some strange reason, the revelation that these feelings are universal and flow through all of us makes me feel a lot better.

      Last week I think I watched a video of Susie Bubble talk about hoarding and her (one of the great bloggers) feel like her career in fashion won't last forever. That's terrifying but also put things in perspective for me

      Delete
  7. We all have those moments of doubts.. Life can be hard sometimes, but it will pass and you'll find a way. All the best! xo

    maishavita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reminding me Diana, I'll definitely look back on this next time I find myself in the same position

      Delete