Wednesday, October 21, 2015

You liked me cause I was blue


Wearing: Thrifted cheongsam and shirt, Asos Mimi pointed flats.

These little gem thingies are the greatest thing I've ever put on my face, and feel free to quote me on that. I guess what I liked most was devising a way to wear these beauties without the marginalization of a group of people. Plus my eyeliner just looked badass today. I've had this outfit on my mind for a while now and it felt so good to wear it. This dress is a little tight on me, so I do have a bit of a belly here but I don't care. It's nothing a good, billowing shirt worn open can't fix. While the photo editing is not quite there yet, I don't have time to spend hours and hours photocopying bits of scrap booking pieces for the perfect science/ vintage cross over. I'm saving that for when I finish- as well as television and video game binges. I'd love it if you guys could recommend me some witty shows with complex women to watch!! At the moment all of my energy is going into my thesis, and it's so surreal that it will be finished soon.

11 comments:

  1. Oh a Chinese dress! I think I haven't worn one since I came back from China in 2004. This blue one is just marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour and patterns on it, they're unlike anything I've seen since :)

      Delete
  2. beautiful! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the blue, I've always found it really calming and i love the gems and the eyeliner together. i can't do eyeliner to save my life!
    Aida
    x

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eyeliner can be super tricky, and I still have days where I completely ruin it straight off the bat, but I have more days when I don't have to try a couple of times a day before leaving the house :P

      Delete
  4. These gems are fantastic and "outside the box" on your face, I really like! Even the oriental outfit, in this version more relaxed, his shirt, I find it interesting as a variant, also the fantasy shirt is wonderful and so light! I do not watch many TV shows, but ultimamante I had a knee injury and have three weeks off, so I put on weight, it was better a thesis as motivation!

    serena

    http://madhouseautoproduzioni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shirt in lieu of a haori or kimono was a conscious decision since I am Chinese Malay and not Japanese and didn't want the outfit to be reductive, thanks for all your kind words Serena

      Delete
  5. Hey dear. Just looking for new blogs and I saw yours :D Its super nice. I think you should post more.


    here are my links and if you like to follow just follow and leave me your links aswell and I'll
    follow back!



    -My 90's Bombshell Outfits-

    | Facebook | LOOKBOOK| IG@suvarna_gold | Bloglovin
    | Advertise your blog
    kiss from Germany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Suvarna, will definitely check them out :)

      Delete
  6. What a nice and fun outfit!
    I really like it :)

    Have a great day!
    Sybille ♡

    The new new girl

    ReplyDelete