Friday, October 23, 2015

This is the hour. Ours is the magic. Ours is the power

Pink and gold is giving me strength right now. I can't tell you what it means to have the sun still up when I come home at 7pm each night, and having to wear my pink Karen Walker sunglasses when I leave home in the morning, and again in the evenings. I sense a change in myself, generally spurred on by watching Man Repeller's youtube videos. For the first time I want to become a simpler human being. But I'm still attracted to very pretty things, and want to buy all the strange and unusual objects I once did. But now, I think styling them will become slightly more reductive than before. I also want to know what looks good on me- and before I didn't really care I just wore what made me happy. But maybe this is important, to understand more about myself. And does that make me a sell out? No. I don't think people would look at how I dress and sneer that I am doing this to seek the attention of men. I want to wear things which make me happy and look at my reflection in shop windows and feel good about myself.

1- Meadham Kirchhoff, 2- unknown, 3- Kailey Flyte, 4 & 5- Flossgloss Baby Baby Lookboo, 6- photo by christinawinkelmann, 7- unknown.

18 comments:

  1. great post
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC / facebook?
    let me know in the comments on my blog and I follow back!
    http://www.mosaictrends.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moodboards are always gorgeous! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaaaaasss pink is da best and I love Kailey AND that Hello Kitty bed!!! \(*0*)/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kailey is literally the greatest, and anything the colour pink generally has to be good

      Delete
  4. so cute
    I have a new post: check it out
    http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2015/10/reasons-to-own-black-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, I really don't see enough pink and gold! Love all these photos, particularly the top Meadham Kirchhoff one!

    Rags of Love - Alternative Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are we afraid to embrace things which are girly and equate them with power and loving ourselves? I hope not

      Delete
  6. Amazing photos :)
    http://modishnessblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsessed with all of your pink pics!!! SOOOO glam and gorgeous and filed with girliness!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    www.BeckermanBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg it me! Hehe. Love these photos <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh I should have asked your permission first >.< sorry Kailey, thanks for being so nice about it

      Delete
  9. adoroo!!!

    http://psicotendencia.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete