Saturday, September 19, 2015

Kissed by a rose

Wearing: Vintage blouse, Simone Rocha X J Brand jeans and Dr Martens boots.

You know that little voice inside your head that tells you not to buy a really nice pair of jeans without trying them on first? I think it's called common sense? Apparently, I don't have any. I bought these jeans without double-checking whether they'd fit me properly. To be fair the last time I bought a pair of jeans was probably seven years ago and since then I haven't fallen in love with a pair I had to have. Simone Rocha's collaboration with J Brand proved an exception to the rule, combining her unique silhouettes with rigid denim in stark contrast to her sheer dresses. Unfortunately the collaboration was so expensive and sold out really quickly. I bought these on eBay for a song but they don't fit me (you can totally hide an undone zipper with loose shirttails guys, it's fine). I really love the frilly embellishments and the colour is so unique, but I don't know if I should keep them or not! Have you ever loved a piece of clothing that didn't fit you? 

10 comments:

  1. lovely

    http://rosalindis.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! <3 <3
    Please view my blog! <3 <3
    http://mirjanasmagicalcorner.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those jeans are spectacular and I don't think I'd be able to part with any of my vintage dresses if they ever become too small. x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! struggling to resell these lovely jeans :'(

      Delete
  4. these tones suit you so well! I love the button on your shirt too. I thought it was a brooch. And absolutely! I just bought a top today and it doesn't fit but I'm still having it! You can always adjust!

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Weirdly, I've never considered which tones and colours suit me so this is actually really enlightening. Thanks Aida <3

      Delete
  5. oh my I have done that so so many times!! I can't tell you how many times I have bought something without trying it to realize that it looks off on me. I hate waiting for dressing rooms so... it has kicked me in the butt. I have even tried really hard to make some items work because I couldn't return it and had no one to give it away to. I like the colors on you though!!

    xoxo,
    Winn | ♥
    winscribbles.blogspot.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thing I'm only human- I've relied so much on online shopping, I haven't been trying clothes on either. Thank you though, reading this has been really cathartic

      Delete
  6. cool outfit. i have the same doccies, best shoes in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they last so long! but my babies need to get resoled so bad

      Delete