Friday, August 28, 2015

Where is My Mind

It's hard to believe it's been over a year since I first penned these journal entries (remember that I wrote my 2014 journal entries in a 2013 diary?) and a lot has changed since then. These feelings of uncertainty towards my partner have since been resolved, or rather I was able to express them and feel so much better for it. We're back together now but that feeling of freedom and being in touch with my own body and soul was so grounding. Anyway given that I spent a lot of time composing these thoughts and creating little doodles to accompany them I thought they needed to exist online as well as tangibly. Or that maybe someone would find these photos at just the right time and deem it some sort of miracle and take comfort in these words frozen on the page. The human experience is always an embarrassing debacle but there are rare moments of exceptional beauty. Not the stuff of art films but memories which crystallize in our minds and we will hold on to for decades to come. I take comfort knowing that people have extended such kindness and warmth to me in the past, and those moment are just as powerful as being told that I am loved. In those moments words are not needed, I feel it all around me and there can be nothing more perfect or powerful.

17 comments:

  1. It is funny because I am definitely the kind of person who writes diaries, even now at age 25. I probably have some treasure in my parents house still. Too awkward to bring it up tho! (:

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    With love,
    Suzy ♥

    THE KAWAII PLANET

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading old diary entries can be really affirming as well- remembering the old way you used to think and knowing how far you've come

      Delete
  2. This paragraph you wrote is my favourite thing you've ever written. Journal sharing is such an intimate and soul-bearing thing, so I commend you on that. I only ever share journal entries of mine where it is my creative process and aesthetic documentation, never my feelings, and this is amazing.

    Thank you for sharing!

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonja, I think sharing even blurry photos or censored passages of journal entries is super personal and powerful too (like you can still see the handwriting and stuff)

      Delete
  3. This really makes me feel inspired to start a daily diary (as apposed to scribbling things down on scraps of paper that inevitably get lost) this must be such a wonderful thing to be able to look back an reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! But I spent a lot of time writing text on my phone than transferring passages by hand so it's a process which can take up a lot of time

      Delete
  4. It's really cool and brave of you to share your journals online, and totally inspiring :)

    WonderGoth

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cool that you've written so much about this year!! I've tried several times to write down everything that happens on a daily basis, but it's tough!!! I'm going to try again thanks to this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes that's exactly how I feel when I see other people's journals

      Delete
  6. "The human experience is always an embarrassing debacle but there are rare moments of exceptional beauty. Not the stuff of art films but memories which crystallize in our minds and we will hold on to for decades to come. I take comfort knowing that people have extended such kindness and warmth to me in the past, and those moment are just as powerful as being told that I am loved. In those moments words are not needed, I feel it all around me and there can be nothing more perfect or powerful."

    That was beautiful, Adele

    It's really interesting and can be a little bit surreal reading your old journal entries. Thank you for sharing yours

    Aida
    x

    This Kid Is Alright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg thanks so much Aida, I srsly love the way you write on your blog

      Delete
  7. Postagem ótima, bom final de semana
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgeQXJjUpSQ
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favourite posts of yours! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely post, it's always interesting revisiting something so personal, like a journal, a while after you've written it; it feels a bit off, like delving into someone else's personal business, you forget that that person was (or is) you. It unearths feelings long buried and pulls out old ideas tucked into the deepest cracks of your mind.
    Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg yes it's so weird to feel distant from a past self but to also realise, that's me! Couldn't have said it better myself

      Delete