Sunday, August 9, 2015

Daisy Chain

Wearing: Karen Walker sunglasses, Asos faux fur coat, Tokito dress (worn as top), Cue skirt, Romance Was Born clutch and thrifted heels.

I've absolutely been craving Spring and have an upcoming visit to Melbourne's Botanical Gardens with a botanist friend to look forward to but for now, I present florals for Spring. It's not a terribly original idea and I know Miranda Priestley would most likely shake her head in disgust. Cliches aside I'm rather excited to find the days getting longer and the weather is slowly getting warmer. The pastels also heighten this rather dainty and traditionally feminine motif, but I've enjoyed watching designers such as Moschino and Rei Kawakubo appropriate these motifs for their menswear collections. Talk of abolishing gendered fashion weeks altogether is an exciting prospect but in terms of event organisation it seems that many will be in opposition. I personally can't wait for a time when designers focus on dressing the human body and the concept of gender becomes fluid and malleable. Liberating designers from such boundaries has the potential to spark a renaissance within the fashion industry.

20 comments:

  1. That coat is ridiculous and so awesome. And that clutch. Please tell me that wearing the coat is like getting a great, warm hug. It looks like that :)

    http://wondergoth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the warmest hug imaginable! I get a lot of looks when I wear this coat too :P

      Delete
  2. Hehe love the DWP reference. This just made me remember it must be Winter in Australia because it's Summer and baking here and I was so baffled as to why you would torture yourself with the coat and then I remembered! Love the shades too

    Aida
    x

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good thing I mentioned it! But I figured everyone would assume I live in England, Canada or America so I thought I'd through it in there. Even though it's sunny I definitely still need a warm winter coat!

      Delete
  3. You've got such a cool & unique style! Everything you wear must turn heads! Wish I had the balls to wear some stuff like this :) really sets you out from the crowd! Love it :) love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all of the lovely compliments Lauren <3

      Delete
  4. That coat is the coolest- I'm also loving the fan wow. All together gr8 look
    xx
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so fabulous! That coat is a total dream and the bag is gorgeous

    Anna | aforvogue | <a href="http://aforvogue.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/fashion-fades-style-is-eternal-yves.html”>NewPost</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pink collar on the faux fur coat. So unique! :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I believe it was in the style of the Papa Puss coat from Shrimps, a London based designer :)

      Delete
  7. I love that coat! It's so freakin' cute! ♡

    xx AlexisSplash

    Deadlikeyourfame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. GET OUT OF HERE, this coat is perfection. I always forget about how the seasons are different, so I had a moment of confusion and scratching of my head as I was like "wait what?? spring??????????" until I realized that it is not a sweltering summer over there as it is here, right now. Anyways, you keep rockin'.

    (っ♥︎◡♥︎)っ sonjatitanic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry, it'll soon be my turn to swelter in the summer heat (which presents a different set of problems for outfits) but I have a good few months before that happens :P

      Delete
  9. That faux fur coat is just epicness, it screams queen and classy yet sassy!

    http://rainbow-roseblossom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! I had the same reaction myself :)

      Delete
  10. Ok so I've been sitting on a shoot idea for AGES and I think you're the right person to style and possibly star in it? It involves these sunglasses you're wearing here. Keen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to do more collaborations and work with photographers/ stores in Melbourne which I like! I've sent you an email :)

    ReplyDelete