Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Growth

Wearing: Marina FINI earrings, Vintage jacket, thrifted blouse, school uniform skirt and Dr Martens boots.

I've been obsessed with personal development and growth over the last couple of weeks. It's been difficult for me but I've finally reached a point where I can be honest with myself about my personal relationships and when to move on. To celebrate my new found freedom I dressed like a plant witch, although to be honest I look more like a character from Dynasty. This has largely to do with my slightly padded shoulders and the amount of clashing prints in this outfit. Most of my time has been spent learning about plants lately as they are an integral part of my honours thesis. I've also learned more about mushrooms than I ever thought I would in a lifetime. It just goes to show that life never really turns out the way you thought it would be. Also, I thought wearing body glitter on my eyelids was a good idea but after about an hour or so the glitter had slowly migrated onto my cheeks. I'll probably find glitter in the bathroom and around the house for the next month.


 3- Eleanor Hardwick for Rookie Mag, 6- Susie Bubble wearing Simone Rocha X J Brand, 8- Don't Go Into the Woods via Rookie Mag, 10- Rookie Mag Road Trip Diary: Week Three.

7 comments:

  1. I like that this outfit is both impeccably rad and acts as a camouflage! i also love how u incorporated green into each component x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that skirt! I have one kind of similar except purple! :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm i can really relate to this... over the past few weeks i've been really trying to work on banishing obsessive thoughts about people in my life and trying to move forward and focus on me me me. it can be really hard. i find that big shoulders help a lot though.. basically any clothes that make my body walk confident help trick my brain into thinking confidence. today i switched back and forth between my confident walk and my self conscious walk and it helped me remember that despite all the noise in my head people can't read our minds and they really don't see that much of us at all and really all the shit we agonise over basically goes entirely unnoticed most of the time. you should find lots of mushrooms to take a mushroom outfit picture with <3 yeah nice clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to make an outfit with mushrooms but then it changed!! I just spent a week at Newcastle University and omg they have a ton of crazy mushrooms everywhere it was pretty good

      I think the realest shit I ever heard was that people are too busy agonizing over their own insecurities to pay attention to your insecurities so... yeah
      and I can totally imagine why big shoulders would help you walk confident and bring out your ~INNER STRUT~

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh Adele you look stunning! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg Kailey! stop it you (*´◡`*) you're too kind!!

      Delete