Friday, June 12, 2015

dog days are over









It's occurred to me that a lot of the content I've blogged over the last month or so has simply added to the 'noise' of the Internet and for that I'm sorry. Keeping on top of my workload for uni has really hampered any efforts to read articles and improve my writing style. Hence why a lot of my blog posts are a jumbled and incoherent mess of trendy terms to have at the ready. I suppose in many capacities I'm struggling to really reach audiences but at the core of the problem is the quality of my content. Hopefully soon I will have a little more time to myself and have a little more balance between blogging and academic life I can't make any promises. They say in order to create you must first destroy. Deconstruction is coming soon, slowly but surely. I just have to sort out the mess that is my head and my life at the moment.

1- Petra and Tavi in Teen Witch for Rookie Mag, 2- unknown, 3- Style Rookie, 4- Kate Moss, 5 & 6- Sex and the City (1998 - 2004), 7- unknown, 8- The Bling Ring (2013), 9- But I'm a Cheerleader (1999), 10- Twin Peaks Pilot (1990), 11- Garden City Movement Move On, 12- unknown, 13- Petra Collins, 14- unknown.

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos in this post and I don't think your posts have been incoherent at all; I really like reading them. I know what you mean about trying to find the right balance though. I haven't blogged since March (the longest break I've taken from it in 4 years!) so I can focus solely on exams. My last exam is next week and I can't wait to start up again ahaha xx

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Sophie- sometimes it feels like I'm talking to myself a lot these days
      I think it's good you've taken your academic studies seriously and can't wait to see you back blogging again :)

      Delete
  2. With how demanding your academic work is, it's kinda amazing that you do find the time to blog at all, but it only goes to show how committed you are to it. And really, as long as you're writing about stuff that you care about, it can never be noise (though I know it's hard to convince yourself of that, hence why I've given up on my blog for now).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, it's definitely something I enjoy and not a chore at all, au contraire it gives me something to do other than studying and reading!

      I hope you start blogging again soon, or are happy to be an observer rather than producer

      Delete