Thursday, May 7, 2015

Wild Child

Wearing: Vintage coat, Rodarte X Target dress, American Apparel socks and Nicholas Kirkwood X Rodarte Shoes.

I should have done worn this outfit sooner since I love both these Rodarte pieces so much, even though the dress is technically only a collaboration piece from Target but whatever. Owning this vintage coat has really changed how I approach style though and it's been totally liberating owning a piece that's so versatile and the perfect shade of baby blue. It was always a color that made me feel really awkward because all my school uniforms were the color blue but now I can wear it in a way which is just really comforting. None of the colors in this outfit match perfectly and there are so many different aesthetics and themes going on at once but I love it. I don't slide around in these shoes either so I thought the socks were a nice touch despite American Apparel still somewhat problematic despite the fact they fired Dov Charney in December last year. I guess I wanted to reference Style Rookie as well as Rodarte circa 2011 when the brand was still growing, as was Tavi's career. Both still have unlimited potential and I suppose that's what I want for myself.

7 comments:

  1. there was a phase where I thought of cheetah print as tacky but now I'm so crazy in love with it- your dress is fab
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ann! I think everyone has had that thought at one point or another

      Delete
  2. Every single outfit you wear is perfect! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The combination of light blue and cheetah print is really unexpected - in a way it reminds me of the Spice Girls, but it also look very sophisticated. It might not look good on everyone, but with your confidence and coolness, it definitely works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you Erin! you're the sweetest <3

      Delete