Friday, April 3, 2015

School of Fabulousness


Wearing: Asos faux fur coat, vintage dress and Meadham Kirchhoff X Nicholas Kirkwood shoes.

Last Saturday I got to attend Lady Petrova's School of Fabulousness class on social media covering everything from Twitter to Instagram and everything in between.Were it not for her competition giving one lucky girl the chance to win a place in each workshop under a School of Fabulousness scholarship I probably would not have been in attendance. I'm so glad I did though, because it's always really interesting to discuss how media is changing and discussing strategies on how to use it to your advantage. I'll try and post an abridged version of the notes I took very soon (pending permission of course). We got to sit on a lovely rooftop terrace while drinking tea and coffee and eating miniature cupcakes! What was really inspiring was being in the company of so many amazing women with aspirations as makeup artists, jewellery makers and independent designers. Not to mention the wonderful ladies my age and a few girls who were still in high school. 




I had intended to take more photographs as we sat down but I felt a bit funny without asking for consent first but I did manage to take some photographs of the lovely Ash wearing her very gorgeous cape from Goldilocks in Wonderland. I don't wear many capes myself but the fabric on hers was so lovely I hope I can own something of hers very soon! I also wanted to take some street style photographs but unfortunately many people had to return to work or meet up with friends after the event. My rooftop photographs were taken by the lovely Stacey of Stuz Photography who manage to work wonders despite what was an overcast and average day in Melbourne. Thank you so much Stacey for indulging me of my request and capturing this beautiful this hidden AstroTurf terrace! It was so great to hang out with like-minded women, as well as Lady Petrova herself. I got to thank her for the event and enjoyed gushing about all the brands I loved, both new and established favorites which share in the Lady Petrova aesthetic.




If you yourself are a budding small business owner or creative based in Melbourne or you plan on visiting very soon I highly recommend you check out the last two classes: How to Plan a Cult Brand (this weekend) and Production, Pricing and Planning (the following weekend). If you can't fit a class into your budget at the moment don't worry! There are some more classes planned in the near future running this year so I recommend you stay up to date by following the School of Fabulousness instagram account. While there are numerous classes on business I think Lady Petrova does deliver information in way that is easy to understand but also studies the way new media interacts with consumer behavior. By contrast as a blogger I am trying to sell my website and things were a little bit different but I did get some wonderful tips on how to run a successful Instagram account. It was so lovely to meet so many great women and I can't wait to attend another event in the near future. 

15 comments:

  1. Your outfit is so amazing and that event sounds so good! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you, it was a lot of fun I hope I can go to another one soon :)

      Delete
  2. You're a lucky girl!
    You both look fab (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. incredibly lucky and thankful for the opportunity! thank you as always for your support <3

      Delete
  3. gurl the coat the shoes YES! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. your outfit is so fierce!!!! and i love that vintage cape the blonde is wearing *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Tessa! her name is Ash and she made that cape herself from material featuring a vintage design- she'll be launching her etsy store very soon! xx

      Delete
  5. I didn't get the free class from the competition :( , and now I desperatly want to know which rooftop it was.. So beautiful ! And not forgot to say your outfit is also beautiful ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I'm not sure I'm at liberty to say, but if you check out the @lady_petrova and @schooloffabulousness accounts she may have geotagged her secret location located in the Melbourne CBD :)

      Delete
  6. Ugh so jealous you got to attend this! I want to go to a future one - mostly for research for my degree but you know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check out the Social Media Socialite class, which is the one I attended. It was super interesting about how the new media is affecting how we market ourselves to a lesser extent and a product which is so fitting since you're running the IG account of Millars Lara <3

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a really great class - it looked like a fantastic day too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Sound super cool! Hope you're able to post more about it. And you look amazing too, of course. Like the Queen of Awesome-ness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try my best to post some abridged notes from the class Erin! <3

      Delete