Thursday, April 2, 2015

Saddle Shoes by Ati Lin

A few weeks ago now I received these gorgeous shoes in the mail, all the way from Argentina! They're made by the very talented Ati Lin who was gracious enough to offer my my very own custom order. I've wanted a pair of saddle shoes for years now but was never quite sure where to buy them from. It's been so long since I've had a brand new pair of shoes with my most recent purchases usually second hand from eBay. The shoes are made from 100% recycled leather and offcuts- material which would otherwise be thrown to landfill and wasted. Although I'm not a vegan or even vegetarian I do exercise ethical choices when purchasing my clothing. Usually I aim to support artistic vision and originality and try to remain conscientious of what kind of practices I am encouraging as a consumer. I'm so happy to be supporting a sustainable practice and opening discussions about where our clothing comes from. Once again, thank you Ati for the amazing shoes they remind me so much of Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks and Tavi Gevinson.

2 comments:

  1. Your shoes are so beautiful! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review Adele! I really admire you and loved to make them for you!

    ReplyDelete