Thursday, March 26, 2015

Toilet Paper Socks from moooh.net

Following the advice of an old podcast from Grazia about fashion blogging I joined Chictopia a few months ago (during Summer when I had lots of free time) and was asked to become a brand ambassador for Moooh!! You can read my first product review here, along with some general advice on fashion blogging but I thought I'd share some of the photos I took here as well. I was genuinely impressed with the quality of my first purchase, these toilet paper printed socks which echos the recent work of Toiletpaper Magazine and Kenzine. Albeit a little gentrified and missing the same photo-realism both publications are known for. The colour matches that of the product description and while I thought they might have been too short they turned out to be perfect. I just love the tongue-in-cheek humour of the pattern too. It reminds me of artistic photographs and sketches I sometimes come across on my Tumblr dashboard which inspires me to create my own art.   


Since the weather is getting a lot cooler I don't have many chances to show off my cute new socks but a clever way around this is to wear them with my clear, glittery jelly sandals.  That's right the classic jelly sandal is back, following on from a collaboration between Phiney Pet and Juju Footwear at London Fashion Week adding beaded details and other fun things to the staple shoe. While they're not exactly waterproof they keep out most of the dirt and grime that would otherwise soil my new socks. Plus it's given me a whole new reason to wear my jelly sandals again. I find that buying multiple pairs of socks in different colours and wearing them under clear shoes comes in real handy. It means you can mix and match to suit just about any outfit! While I've enjoyed wearing high heels and wedges to inject sophistication and glamor into my outfits (spurred on by the wonderful women of Advanced Style) sometimes it's good to get back to basics.

7 comments:

  1. i never mismatch my socks because sock anxiety but i feel like these socks would be really good for mismatching.. one of these, and one poo emoji sock, or a peach emoji sock... tampon socks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish the same company made poo printed socks because I would have probably asked for them instead... all these ideas need to happen and exist irl thou

      Delete
  2. Never seen socks like these before :'D
    At first they look innocent but then... love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha aren't they the cutest? but then on closer inspection :P

      Delete
  3. yayy, these are so cool :D Love them with the jelly sandals :) xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoose socks are really funny !
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete