Friday, March 27, 2015

just be Stevie Nicks

Wearing: Turtleneck, shorts and hat from Target, Topshop faux fur zebra jacket, POMS earrings and Chloe Sevigny X Opening Ceremony Shoes.

This outfit was largely inspired by
Christian Cowan-Sanluis Fall 2015 collection (which I hope to write about soon) and the Saint Laurent Spring 2013 presentation. As well as some advice Tavi gave in her TED Talk three years ago. There's been so much talk about the 70s for Fall it has all leached into my subconscious and culminated into this. The surprising thing is I don't feel quite myself in this outfit. For one thing I'm like a walking advertisement for Target which is simply not a reflection of what I wear on a day to day basis. Both my turtleneck and wool shorts are things I retained over the span of six or seven years and the hat was bought last year for my three week stint in the desert. To finish off the look I wanted to wear my favourite pair of shoes made by Chloë Sevigny in collaboration with Opening Ceremony in black suede. The other inspiration for this outfit was casperblaise and I don't know if she has a blog or not but if she did she'd be absolutely killing it. Wearing a fluffy pair of earrings is my simple way of adding colour as well as texture to an otherwise boring outfit (well boring by my standards anyway).

8 comments:

  1. Cool hat! Where did you go in the desert with it? Also i want pompom earrings so bad but i know i will never wear them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Broken Hill- close to the borders of South Australia and New South Wales which was really beautiful for some geology fieldwork

      I think your haircut would look awesome with pom pom earrings! Plus you could match them to whatever colour your fringe is which would be rad

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I wore these babies for my 21st :)

      Delete
  3. I love your Tavi inspired title and pom pom earrings
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete