Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Judy Jetson

Wearing: Vintage dress and coat from Collectable Antiques, Zana Bayne PVC harness and Lipstik jelly sandals.

Before anyone else says it yes, I realise Judy Jetson wore pink not blue. The title of this blog post is a reference to old science fiction-based popular culture or dressing for a Mad Max-type post apocalyptic world. Up until know I had always managed to avoid wearing the matching vintage coat and dress I bought in Cowes at Phillip Island. I suppose I felt very self-conscious and thought it might reflect a lack of imagination or creativity in terms of my outfits. But with an outfit ready to go I was able to pay close attention to the details such as my harness, which I haven't worn in a very long time and contrasting orange nails. I don't have any pastel nail polishes as it turns out or silver which was my next option so I decided to highlight this rather than shy away from the fact. The silhouette reminds me a lot of the Jacquemus FW14 collection featuring geometric shapes and equally sharp silhouettes.

3 comments: