Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hustle









Wearing: Asos faux fur coat, Country Road sweater, Cue skirt and Meadham Kirchhoff X Nicholas Kirkwood shoes.

It's gotten really cold all of a sudden and almost necessary to wear lots of layers and a coat before leaving the house. Of course if it doesn't look like it's going to rain I have to wear my dream shoes and haven't started wearing tights yet. I wish I had worn some tights because it was super windy today and on the rare instances that I ventured outside I was shivering! It was worth it though since this entire outfit makes me feel like a character from a Wes Anderson movie. The colours are all very reminiscent of Agatha from the Grand Budapest Hotel but the fur is an obvious reference to Margaret Tenenbaum. Continuing the movie theme if my hair was styled then maybe I could have been an extra from American Hustle, what with the amount of fluff and pom poms. Without being too in your face I think there are some very 1970s inspired elements in this outfit combined with a sense of luxury. I definitely felt very fancy wearing this too while still feeling both comfortable in my own skin and keeping warm.

14 comments:

  1. Love the fur and your shoes!
    ~Sophia
    http://plaidismyfavouritecolour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is so good it makes me forget that i have seen this jacket before, it looks like a whole new jacket? O_0 i am mystified. you look very classy and very regal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm obsessed with this jacket, ty it felt good to wrap myself in this fur <3

      Delete
  3. Before even reading your description of the outfit, I was like "my god, she looks like a movie star!" An awesome mix of old Hollywood glamour and 21st century cool. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It felt very glamorous to wear this outfit too <3 which was a nice change

      Delete
  4. Love all the beautiful fur you've been wearing lately <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look incredible!! xo

    thewatercolourjar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing outfit! Those shoes are brilliant.
    April xx

    http://aprilrosepengilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks April, they're definitely my favourite pair of shoes <3

      Delete
  7. ohhh my god, I´m in love with that coat :O now I wish it wasn´t getting warm over here lol

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe now you see why I love winter, plus everyone from the n. hemisphere is selling all their lovely coats on eBay now <3

      Delete
  8. your coat is amazing, it looks like the one designed by shrimps

    http://emmaodonnell.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's the first thing I said in my first outfit post with it (Fluff) that it looks very similar to the Papa Puss Coat from Shrimps <3

      Delete