Friday, March 6, 2015

Ghoul


Wearing: Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop sweater, Romance Was Born skirt, Asos shirt, NYLONS hoop earrings and Dr Martens boots.

Things don't always turn out the way you planned but sometimes it's better to go with the flow. For example, I thought I'd wear a different skirt with this sweater but I love the exaggerated nature of this outfit.  Black and white made sense with the orange since they were the only neutrals I could find this morning and didn't clash too much. Then I realised the stripes on the bottom of my skirt matched a top I had bought at a garage sale which I haven't worn in ages. The graphics on my skirt and collar remind me of Beetlejuice and Jack Skellington and the monster face on my sweater is also Halloween themed. I know it's a bit strange to be thinking about October when it's only March but I couldn't wait to wear this. Plus I live in Australia so when it's October we have Spring instead of Fall. My thesis is due in October so I'll probably be super busy and keep posting to a minimum but that's not for sometime.

6 comments:

  1. Going with the flow is so important tbh. Deep down I prefer being in total, complete control, but I know 99% of the time that's not how life works (even with small things like picking out outfits like you mention!). It's frustrating at first, but in the end you don't lose sleep over it.

    There's def some beetlejuice vibes with this outfit, but more like the cartoon than the live-action movie! I know it's far in the future, but good luck on your thesis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ughh yes I used to be a total control freak (ok... so I probably still am) but I do understand the importance of spur of the moment things now being good and welcoming those opportunities.

      Thanks Tessa, I have a feeling I'm going to need a bit of luck <3

      Delete
  2. God, that Meadham Kirchhoff X Topshop sweater love it! And your header also is really cool.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lien! I made the header myself :)

      Delete
  3. Awesome skirt and yay for Beetlejuice reference :)
    xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Lydia- do love me some Tim Burton movies!

      Delete