Saturday, March 21, 2015

Batty




Wearing: J.W. Anderson X Topshop sweater, Emma Mulholland earrings, Dr Martens boots and earrings from etsy.

Since starting research on my honours project I've become more conscious of wearing comfy clothes which still reflect my personal style. At these early stages I am mostly sitting at a desk or in front of a computer for hours at a time reading through the literature and making notes. My shorts from Australian designer Emma Mulholland are the perfect cheeky study statement and as an added bonus the pockets are super deep! They're from the seminal Risque Business collection featuring notepads and eyemasks in the style of the 1980s golden age of graphic design. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to wear them for much longer if the weather gets any colder! I decided to wear my fluffy earrings with them and plain black to keep things simple. The motif on my sweater reminds me of Hayley Elsaesser another Australian designer whose been doing really great things lately. I don't have anything from her yet but hopefully I'll get something soon, once I sort out my hair that is. 

6 comments:

  1. Love this look!
    The batling/mysterious character in your shirt reminds me of moth man. It's awesome!
    Your shorts are so cute too (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shorts are so cool! I just love the print and they're a cool cut- i wouldn't ever consider wearing shorts similar but now it makes me think! haha. Also I feel you on having to phase out summer clothes... it's getting colder here too :( come back summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they're kinda long and more like culottes but I think it works with the crazy pattern haha
      I'm keen for winter, jumpers and faux fur coats though! :)

      Delete
  3. these shorts are really rad! Luckily it´s the opposite over here, I can slowly start wearing summer clothes lol xx

    dresses-and-travels //@susandollparts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll have summer envy soon enough :P

      Delete