Monday, February 9, 2015

Unboxing: Poppy Lissiman X Hattie Stewart

I don't usually write these sort of posts but I was so won over by the beautiful packaging of my Poppy Lissiman X Hattie Stewart clutch I thought, why the hell not? After seeing a few teaser photos of the clutches on Instagram and convinced that it would be a sell out I placed my order as soon as the collection was released on Friday morning. I've been a long time fan of Hattie Stewart's fun and quirky designs as well as Poppy Lissiman who is a West Australian born designer specializing in all kinds of accessories. Poppy is most famous for her wicked leather clutches poking fun at the Illuminati but she also makes jewellery and sunglasses. I've never bought anything from either party so naturally I was delighted by what I received in the mail. It was so pretty I knew I had to photograph it instantly and write about it. Neither brand approached me to write this by the way- I just wanted to share this with my readers especially those who haven't heard of these guys.
I know it's a bit unusual to present an unboxing as a series of photographs rather than a video uploaded to Youtube but given that I hate editing videos and find it stressful I decided to stick to my formula. Plus the beautiful art direction of the packaging reminded me of so many vague and arty images from my Tumblr dashboard that it seemed a fitting homage. I had no idea at the time of purchase that Poppy Lissiman products were cruelty free (it's not really advertised in their social media) and while I did feel slightly guilty about it I decided to proceed with the transaction. I'm glad that I did because it's simply gorgeous and I can't wait to whip up an outfit which matches the fun colours and design. The back looks just as spectacular as the front featuring the same design only the front is embellished with shiny patent leather hearts. If you haven't already checked out the full range you can do so at the Poppy Lissiman website to receive in time for Valentine's Day for that special someone.

6 comments:

  1. I can't get over how flawless this whole collection it!!! T_T <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so cute! The other bags in the collection are cool too (I like the lips+eye clutch). A bit expensi-vo but sometimes you gotta treat yo self, right? And it's excellent that they're cruelty-free. Also, I think it's nice that you went with photos of the unboxing rather than a video. I feel like you can appreciate certain details better in photos.

    Can't wait to see what outfits you put together with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd been lusting over the Game Over clutch for a while now so I decided to splash on something (especially since I've been working extra).

      And my first instinct was to photograph the experience rather than video so I'm glad it worked out so well :)

      Delete
  3. i want to turn the packaging into a bag 0_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg if I can find a diy tutorial I'm doing it

      Delete