Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shop Your Closet

Wearing: Vintage dress, Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte heels and borrowed denim hat.

Some of you may remember this vintage dress I bought at what could be the best vintage store on the planet Collectable Antiques in Cowes being a little bit longer. Well I decide to tack the hem in order to get the best out of my wardrobe. Even though I want to buy stuff on a daily basis I've been trying to get the most out of my closet wearing what I already have in a bunch of different ways. It was distressing to see some bloggers feel that they don't feel like they can be successful because they can't afford a new outfit every post. Nothing could be further from the truth! What is difficult is training your brain to think of outfits using items from your own wardrobe, rather than things you want to buy. In order to save space I normally try and sell clothes I no longer wear in order to finance my next purchase which gives me time to consider whether I really need that item or not. Buying items second hand or on sale is also really helpful and this prevents perfectly good clothing being sent to landfill.

12 comments:

  1. I've never seen anyone style a bucket hat so nicely (I've only seen fuck bois around my town wearing them) I love it!
    http://howfittingblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg noo fuck bois are the worst haha
      glad I was able to style it and make it "cool" or at least make it look nice :P

      Delete
  2. My compliments for your blog and pictures included,I invite you in my photoblog "photosphera" and "flash curiosity news".

    CLICK PHOTOSPHERA

    CLICK FLASH CURIOSITY NEWS

    Greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits have been so sophisticated lately! "They grow up so fast" (spoken in a blubbery mother-like voice). You really do look quite professional, and I love the subtle colour-contrast with the red/orange nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks Erin- I didn't think anyone would notice my read nails (and I did think about changing them) but I'm glad I didn't :)

      Delete
  4. I adore your shoes! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg yes! Shopping your closet is so smart and fun, because no one likes spending money and it almost forces you to be creative in a new way.

    ALSO, you look so beautiful in these photos! I don't know what exactly it is, but you are just glowing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Organizing things in a different way totally helps this mindset as well or if you can't shop your own closet friends may have been eying something off as you clean (and vice versa!)

    thanks Tessa the glow might be a combination of the sun and my makeup being a bit more orange than usual haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. your shoes are so cool! never seen something like it ! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I second Ann Louise's comment about the bucket hat! I've been a little timid about trying one, but you nailed it. Looks awesome babe.
    http://carabloomblogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Cara! experimenting can be a little scary at first but pay off :)

      Delete
  9. Such a cute dress! And good on you for not feeling you have to continuously buy and trying to rediscover things in your closet :)

    ReplyDelete