Saturday, February 14, 2015

Poster Girl

Wearing: Romance Was Born jacket, vintage dress, Anna Davern earrings and Kenji suede heels.
 The fashion bloggers I admire most are able to create outfits which incorporate the best brand names with vintage pieces and found treasures. Naturally I want to follow in their footsteps and find a place alongside them. But from about the age of fourteen or fifteen I became disillusioned with shopping at the mall or dressing like everyone else. It doesn't take much to stand out in a crowd since thrift stores and vintage stores often carry the more interesting and spectacular pieces of clothing. I love wearing one or two pieces that make me feel super sophisticated with something that's just roomy and comfortable. This jacket is one of my all time favourite pieces from Australian designers Romance Was Born and their new collection Bush Magic is inspired by the adventures of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie by May Gibbs. My international readers will have no idea what I'm on about but I hope my fellow aussies are riding on waves of nostalgia like I am right now!

5 comments:

  1. I swear, every outfit you put together is flawless. ESPECIALLY with that dreamy coat! (btw I found your twin in San Marcos, TX heheh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the ladylike way you dressed down this crazy cool jacket x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that jacket! love the color combinations!

    ReplyDelete