Monday, February 16, 2015

Mary Katrantzou X Adidas

So like this was released ages ago and I was meant to write about it (lawl) but uh, I got really busy but wrote down all the collections and designers I fangirled over. I also thought that in the time it would take for me to write about it some of the collection would get sold on eBay and be more affordable. So that I would have an outfit with a piece or two from this most excellent collaboration and it would have been worth the wait. Not only did this decision leave me looking like a fool but you all know how destitute I am as well. Everything has backfired on me, I am really bad at predicting the future and probably am not going to be the next greatest stockbroker either. Like always I'm going to write about what I know and that means my feelings and relationship with a collection of clothing or the idea of it. Because sometimes you think a piece of clothing is the greatest thing ever in pictures and then when you see it IRL for the first time it's like "Oh, right. That's because I was projecting all my amazing feelings onto it."

Often we forget that our feelings are a reflection of who we are as a person, rather than direct representation of a relationship. That's also to the credit of the photographers and PR staff who are able to conjure up this notion of the clothes which is sometimes more powerful than their physical presence. It should be noted that that can also act as a huge detriment. Depending on how large you find that discrepancy to be. Who knows, maybe I'm just a bad judge of both character and quality of clothing but provided I don't get massively ripped off thinking the best about someone or something shouldn't be regarded as a weakness. I just happen to be open and have the innate ability to like a lot of different things. So rather than prioritizing which collections are the most important I just want to write about and consume everything.

The collection featured a series of keynote sneakers in bright colours featuring unique and unusual textures, as well as printed mesh singlets, leggings and sweatshirts. These are the clothes which I am a bit more familiar with, having played basketball on and off for seven or eight years now. I've also been refereeing for about the same amount of time now in case anyone is interested in that thing. But finally it feels like there is a collection, or rather collaboration which infuses high fashion with the comfy clothing. These clothes aren't your typical streetwear pieces though and are most impressive visually when worn with clothes of that same heavy pigment. I haven't really seen anything like this since, unless of course you count Alexander Wang's collaboration with Swedish brand H & M which sent celebrities into a feeding frenzy. However, color remains and will always be my main priority.


5 comments:

  1. Mind-blowing sneakers, there :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great sneakers and equally beautiful gradients/ colour palettes

      Delete
  2. i like your views on this, a+ collection omg my favourite is the pink dress with the blue bomber and the black trainers. love it!

    m-eliorism.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Zoe- that jacket is my favourite piece too!

      Delete
  3. Wow. Just wow. Too bad I'm on a three-months-no-shopping diet.

    ReplyDelete